Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (26)

Waiting on Wednesday was created by Jill at Breaking the Spineand it's a weekly meme mentioning an anticipated upcoming release!
My choice:

Release Date: November 13, 2012
Publisher: Tor Teen
Author Information: Website / Blog / Twitter
Since the age of three, sixteen-year-old Evelyn Winters has been trained to be Daughter of the People in the underwater utopia known as Elysium. Selected from hundreds of children for her ideal genes all her life she’s thought that everything was perfect; her world. Her people. The Law.

But when Gavin Hunter, a Surface Dweller, accidentally stumbles into their secluded little world, she’s forced to come to a startling realization: everything she knows is a lie. Her memories have been altered. Her mind and body aren’t under her own control. And the person she knows as Mother is a monster.

Together with Gavin she plans her escape, only to learn that her own mind is a ticking time bomb... and Mother has one last secret that will destroy them all.
Talk about a book to get excited about! The cover was the first thing that caught my eye (I LOVE the background), but as soon as I read the synopsis, this book was quickly added to my to-read list. I have always been obsessed with stories of Atlantis, and this book seems to be a variation on that story, so how could I not want to read it?? People have said that this book is creepy and enchanting (makes sense since there are Monster Mothers), so I cannot wait to check it out for myself! The only thing I am upset about is that we already know who the bad guy is.

 I guess South Korea was right when they called her evil…

What are you looking forward to read this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...