Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

Waiting on Wednesday was created by Jill at Breaking the Spineand it is a weekly event showcasing an  upcoming release we're excited for!
My pick:
Release Date: August 7, 2012

Summary (taken from Goodreads):

On the surface, there’s nothing remarkable about Anna Rogan: She gets average grades, she’s not especially fashionable, she spends most of her time just hanging out with her best friend Rei. But Anna does have a remarkable secret: she has the ability to do astral projection. She uses her out-of-body experiences to explore the universe, until one day when there’s an accident at school and her classmate Taylor gets into her body. Now Taylor’s using her new identity to accuse an innocent boy of murder and she shows no signs of leaving Anna’s body. The only person who knows Anna’s secret is Rei, and as her feelings for Rei grow she must face a future where they can never touch...unless they can find a way to get Taylor out of Anna’s body, stop the murder trial, and discover the true nature of Anna’s power.
I have to start out by saying that I ADORE this cover. I love the blue tones, the water/light specks, and how the girl on the cover seems to be floating (she can astral project, so it makes sense, no?)! Speaking of astral projection, that is the main reason I am so excited for this book! I used to love the show Charmed (do people still remember that show?), and for some reason, I thought Prue's ability to astral project was just the coolest thing. I have not come across many books where the main character has powers like this, so it should be exciting and interesting to read! I am hoping an ARC finds its way into my eager hands soon, but in the meantime, I will begin the long and tedious wait until August rolls around.


Other actions:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...