Saturday, December 10, 2011

Obsidian Novella and vlog!!!

So yesterday on her blog, Jennifer L. Armentrout revealed that there would be a novella to the Lux series. The novella will be called Shadows with an expected release date of sometime in February 2012. Here is what she posted:
For those who follow me on twitter, you've seen some lines from the Obsidian novella I've been working on.  Here are some of the lines for your viewing pleasure. Keep reading, 'cuz I got news for you.

Sheer grit got him off the ground. Immeasurable stupidity had him bum rushing the thick shadow coming at him like a suped up bulldozer.

Because gosh, he kissed her like he’d been starving to do so.
Funny how seeing a culinary work of art go to waste made you mean as a sneak.

Breathless, she stared up at him and swallowed hard. “Okay. You have reflexes of a cat on steroids.”

“She makes me happy. And shouldn’t that make you happy? For me? Without her...yeah, it wouldn't even matter.”

Daemon strung together an atrocity of f-bombs. Quite imaginative, too, and even Matthew looked impressed.

There are some of the teasers I've given, but I've never, ever said who the book is actually about or what POVs you will be seeing in the novella. Details are below!

"Shadows"
Expected Publication 02/2012
Novella
Currently only planned in digital format w/ limited paper copies.

The story is told in 3 POVs.
Yes, one of them is Daemon.
But the story is really about two other characters introduced in Obsidian that are near and dear to my little heart.
The story is about Dawson and Bethany. Yep, Dawson as in Daemon's twin brother.

I am so, so excited for you to read their story, plus sharing Daemon pre-Obsidian, which is really cool. At some point, the cover and the official blurb will be shared.

In other news, Entangled will be launching a super awesome contest on Saturday. You guys are going to LOVE this. Also, it's been ages since I've done a vlog, so....

Tuesday Dec 13th 6:00pm EST
We can chat about Obsidian and Half-Blood or whatever
You can view my live vlog HERE
Hopefully I will have Pure ARCs to show and give away by then.
There was also an updated teaser of a scene between Daemon and Dawson:

The foyer was dark, and as he stopped, he frowned. Music thumped through the house. The lyrics Whoop, there it is! blasted from the speakers. He knew before he entered the living room that Daemon was listening to one of those TV channels that played nothing but music.

Sprawled across the couch, with his arms behind his head, Daemon moved his bare feet in perfect sync to the song.

Dawson’s brows arched up. “Whoop there it is?”

“What?” He tilted his head toward Dawson, grinning. “I like the song.”

“You have such questionable musical taste.”

“Don’t hate.”  
OH. MY. GOD. Jennifer L. Armentrout, you have just made my day! After reading Obsidian, I was really curious about what down with Dawson and Bethany, and it seems like my curiosity will finally be quenched. And I will definitely not object to getting some more Daemon. 

She also included these pics in her post (since they are purdy):




For more on Jennifer L. Armentrout and her books, check out her Goodreads page or blog!

To see my reviews for Obsidian and Half-Blood, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...